Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Orphan Adoption and Chase the Lion!

I have not read Mark Batterson's book yet and actually forgot about it until just now I was visiting another blog and they had the following quote from his book and I could not help but think of how I feel when it comes to orphans and adoption!!

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lilies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion!

from "In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I randomly came across your blog and am actually trying to start an orphan ministry at our church! Do you have an email address or some way I might ask for any help/insight in how you started, etc? We're a bigger church so there's a lot of "red tape" to go through when starting a ministry. Any suggestions, information would be greatly appreciated.

His Heart for Orphans said...

Yes, you may email me at ephesians1five@cox.net and I would be more than happy to help you start an orphan adoption ministry at your church!!:)

Carole Turner said...

That book is so great, you really should read it Amy, you would love it.

Have you read "Barbarian Way" by Erwin McMannus? I have it if you want to read it.

Orphan Statistics

5.5 million orphans in Africa, 3.5 million orphans in Asia, 1.5 million orphans in Eastern Europe, Nearly 400,000 orphans in Latin America, 135,000 children in the U.S. foster care system.