Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Adoption Workshop!



We were again honored to have one of our "His Heart for Orphans" Adoption Workshops! WoooHooo! I am telling you, I ALWAYS leave there having shed a tear or two at the adoption testimonies and I ALWAYS want to just adopt again!! Adoption is so mirroring what God did to us and when you have walked the adoption path you are not without a deeper understanding of our adoption into His family through Jesus Christ! Amazing!!

We had five people show up for our workshop. Yes, the numbers, at first, were low but God reminded me we are doing this for the one.... the one orphan that cries for a Mom and Dad and that it only takes one couple to adopt this one orphan! Thank you, Lord, for Your insight, Your wisdom!

And then I am reminded at who did come: A woman who I have no doubt God touched yesterday morning. This woman and her husband have been infertile for over 10 years. We listened as she told us her story of deeply desiring a child, we saw the pain in the eyes of this precious woman as she talked about her fears of adoption, and we saw her smile at the end because we understood her pain, her fears and we were able to love her, encourage her, and give her hope that she and her husband can have that child she desires! That God can be trusted to multiply her family!

I am reminded of another couple who are not even married yet but they desire to adopt after they get married. Wow!! To be that young and not only think that they will adopt one day but to actually go to an Adoption Workshop! That touches me!

Then I am reminded of our other couple. I know this couple and I know that they have had tragedy in their life and to persevere through this tragedy and think about another! Amazing!!! Just Amazing!!

It may have been just five God says, but those five are Mine He says and He sees their story, their pain, their desires, and we were the vessels God used to speak to them for Him! What a privilege!! Thank you, Lord, for that opportunity!!

We want to thank all of you who came and all of you who volunteered: Carole, Melissa, Brandi, Gered, Stephanie, and Adam (who helped us with audio visual)! We also want to thank our pastors Dino Rizzo, Johnny Green, and Mike Haman, Robin Rhodes, Sarah Haviland, and Mr. Ed for supporting us the way y'all do! All of you, the volunteers, the workshop attendees, and HPC staff, are amazing and a blessing to us! Thank you!

3 comments:

Carole Turner said...

Amy, there was another lady there, Tony, she didn't sign up but she is single, a social worker that worked with Katrina victims until just recently, and a new after school volunteer down at the Dream Center.

I hope I can come to every one in the future. I loved it, thank you for leading this ministry with your life!

Anonymous said...

Tommy & Aime,
Me & Trudi want to let you know that we found the workshop to be very informative and helpful. Our hearts were hurting remembering why we even had to be there but there was also joy in seeing the happy endings that these children and their new families had. We discussed what we wanted to do on the way home and we both had the same thought. Why adopt just one? Let's adopt a whole family. Me & Trudi have an abundance of love to offer a child but realize that this must be God's will for us and not our selfish wants. Please pray for us to hear God's voice as we seek his direction in this area of our life. Thank you so much for all you do.

His Heart for Orphans said...

Darrin, I read your email while in the Tampa airport on our way home from the orphan adoption summit! It was very hard to finish reading your comment as my tears blurred my vision! My tears first we for the reason you and Trudy are looking at adoption and then they were for the precious gift you will be giving a family! Then Tommy, after reading your comment, said that Zoie's life was for something.....something bigger than we can wrap our mind around, but her life had purpose and is continuing on as she watches you and Trudy be Jesus' hands to orphans! We love you guys and are here for the long haul to support you along the way! You two are a blessing to us and to orphans! As you two pour out for the orphans and for Him, may He pour abundantly back into your lives and refresh you and empower you for what He has laid before you!

Orphan Statistics

5.5 million orphans in Africa, 3.5 million orphans in Asia, 1.5 million orphans in Eastern Europe, Nearly 400,000 orphans in Latin America, 135,000 children in the U.S. foster care system.