I never try to cross my personal hobbies/interests in this blog but today I felt it was appropriate. Yesterday I received a wonderful email from a customer sending me pictures of an outfit she created using one of my sewing patterns. At the end of her email she had her blog link to go visit. I did and I saw the most precious Asian child! I emailed her back and made a comment about how amazing adoption is and I wanted to share her response (with her permission). I believe it is a great post for Mother's Day to encourage any woman who may come across this blog and is thinking about adoption or is walking the path of infertility to see that adoption is such a miracle and a blessing!
Here is Kellie's response, "Yes, adoption is amazing and I wish I had the words to describe it to people who have not experienced it. The Lord really meant for us to be together. There is no more love in my heart than what I have for the 2 amazing kids. We always went to church before but never really connected. I started praying that the Lord use me in some way. That the holy spirit fill me and teach me to obey. My husband has asked me to adopt before and I said no. I looked in to it later and he said no. out of the blue he asked if I was still interested and I said yes and we just did it. Looking back I think that was because of my prayer. We didn't really have a plan we just knew we wanted a child that may not otherwise get adopted. The entire journey was a spiritual one. I grew leaps and bounds in my faith over the last few years. Now that I have my little blessing home I can't even describe how amazed I am at God's perfect plan."
Kellie, thank you for giving me permission to post your email! And to all you out there who are Mother's by birth and/or adoption HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
And to each of you who have a deep desire to be a Mother and are not yet, my prayer is that you know that you are not forgotten! I remember so well those years of infertility and the many tears that I shed to God for a child! I know your pain and I also know that you can trust God to multiply your family!
Dear, Lord! I thank you for the women that are reading this post. I thank you that they matter to you. I thank you, Lord, that you are giving them strength if they are a Mother and giving them strength if they are not a Mother yet! For the Mother's and Mother's to be, we pray a special blessing over them! We thank you for your Grace and Mercy that you are pouring over them. We thank you for Your wisdom and knowledge You are giving them! We thank you for our children! We thank you for our future children! Lord, and we never want to forget the orphans of this world: the children in other countries that are wandering the streets with no Mom or Dad to hold them tonight, Lord! We never want to forget about the children right here in our communities that are motherless and fatherless, the foster children, Lord! Lord, we pray protection over these children, we pray that they have food to eat and clothes to wear tonight, Lord! We pray, Lord, that you would call forth couples and families to adopt! We ask you, Lord, to bring us the unwanted! bring us the abandoned! bring us the hungry! Thank you, Father, for calling families to adopt! Thank you, Father, for Your provision for those walking the adoption path! We love You, Lord!!








1 comment:
Thank you for sharing this today...It was just what I needed to read.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Post a Comment