Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chapman Family


Our prayers are with you, Stephen and Mary Beth and the entire Chapman family! We cry out to God for His strength for you during this time! No words can express the deepest sadness we have for this news!
Here is just another beautiful revelation Stephen Curtis Chapman received from God and he turned it into a song. Here is what he said,
“Cinderella” was the first song I wrote on
this journey. I went to give my youngest girls a bath one night, and it was right around the time of big meetings with the record label where I have to play them what I had written up to that point. I was really stressed and needed to get back to writing, but also needed to spend time with the girls, so I was frustrated and irritated. I told them to take the bath quickly, but of course they wanted to play and I didn’t have much time. I finally got them into bed and told them to pray … fast: “Just pray for the immediate family and no orphans tonight!” (laughing) So finally they got to bed, and once I was alone [in my writing room], it’s like God had just two words for me: “Emily Chapman,” my 21-year-old daughter who’s getting ready to graduate college. And my heart turned straight to guilt because I didn’t want to rush through these moments any more. I sat down that night and it was the easiest song I’ve ever written. The
next morning, I brought it to the record company meeting, even though I didn’t think it was quite done. But after I played it and looked up, everyone was crying and sobbing. I guess it connected! I recorded the song just as I played it that day."
This is for Maria Sue!

The lyrics:
She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,Without a care in the world.And I’m sittin’ here wearin’ the weight of the world on my shoulders.It’s been a long day and there’s still work to do,She’s pulling at me saying “Dad I need you!There’s a ball at the castle and I’ve been invited and I need to practice my dancin’“Oh please, daddy, please!”
So I will dance with CinderellaWhile she is here in my arms‘Cause I know something the prince never knewOh I will dance with CinderellaI don’t wanna miss even one song,Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnightAnd she’ll be gone
She says he’s a nice guy and I’d be impressedShe wants to know if I’d approve of a dressShe says “Dad, the prom is just one week away,And I need to practice my dancin’”“Oh please, daddy, please!”
So I will dance with CinderellaWhile she is here in my arms‘Cause I know something the prince never knewOhh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with CinderellaI don’t wanna miss even one song,‘Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnightAnd she’ll be goneShe will be gone.
Well, she came home todayWith a ring on her handJust glowin’ and tellin’ us all they had plannedShe says “Dad, the wedding’s due six months awayAnd I need to practice my dancin’“Oh please, daddy please!”
So I will dance with CinderellaWhile she is here in my arms‘Cause I know something the prince never knewOhh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with CinderellaI don’t wanna miss even one song,(even one song)Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnightAnd she’ll be gone

No comments:

Orphan Statistics

5.5 million orphans in Africa, 3.5 million orphans in Asia, 1.5 million orphans in Eastern Europe, Nearly 400,000 orphans in Latin America, 135,000 children in the U.S. foster care system.